A nationwide partnership for efficient reprocessing and reuse of construction and demolition waste has been set up by materials trader GRS Group and the UK’s leading building materials and construction solutions provider Tarmac.
Earth Solutions – a new division of GRS – has become Tarmac’s primary partner at 20 sites for:
- Treatment and reuse of waste soils at its inert landfill sites
- Processing inert waste materials for its aggregate recycling sites
- Sale and supply of processed recycled aggregates.
Tarmac will continue to operate these 20 sites, with GRS and Tarmac working to ensure a smooth transition of the sales processes to Earth Solutions for all existing customers at the 20 plus waste and recycling facilities involved in the partnership.
Combined with GRS’s existing landfill facilities – plus its recent acquisition of S Walsh & Sons and a new joint venture with WMR Waste Solutions – the partnership with Tarmac makes GRS a major player in construction and demolition waste.
Earth Solutions offers a broad range of services for construction and demolition companies:
- Nationwide facilities for inert, non-hazardous and hazardous waste
- Rapid technical assessment and cost-effective disposal of complex waste
- Team of local representatives available to provide on-site support
- Reduced waste to landfill with recycling, treatment and restoration
- Supply of recycled and secondary aggregates
- Supply of soils through CL:aire DoWCoP / EA permitting
Andy Olie, who takes up the new role of Managing Director for Earth Solutions, said: “Our partnership with Tarmac is a key part of our growth strategy, allowing GRS to offer an integrated range of sustainable services for the removal, handling, recycling and disposal of construction and demolition wastes.
“Besides the waste facilities themselves, the deal also means we gain the expertise of a network of waste specialists up and down the country. This will allow us to offer tailored solutions for customers and maintain high levels of service as we develop the new arrangement.”
Tarmac’s National Landfill & Recycling Manager Andy Summers said: “Joining forces with GRS consolidates the expertise and capability of two teams in a single new business focused on waste materials. We’re confident that anyone involved in waste removal and disposal will benefit from the new solutions this partnership will bring.”
GRS says it will continue to grow its network of waste and recycling facilities with other business partners and expand the range of services we are able to offer.
Customer enquiries can be made via the following regional email addresses:
- North East & Scotland email@example.com
- Midlands & Yorkshire firstname.lastname@example.org
- East & South East email@example.com
- South West & Wales firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details visit www.earth-solutions.com